Relax yourself. You truly deserve it, it is good for you, and it doesn’t take a lot of time.
You do not need a spa treat or a long weekend for it. Each of the below listed simple and best stress relieving techniques can get you from Oh My God to OM in less than 20 minutes.
1. Meditate – this one tops the chart. A few minutes of practice per day are capable of easing your
anxiety. Researchers suggest that, daily meditation can alter the brain’s neural pathways,
making you calmer and relieving your stress.
2. Breathe Deeply – take a 5 minutes break and focus on your breathing. Sit up straight, close your
eyes, with a hand on your belly. Slowly and deeply inhale through your nose, you will feel the
breath start in your abdomen and work its way to the top of your head. Reverse the steps as you
exhale from your mouth.
3. Listen to music – listen to music as it effects our emotions. It is a promising tool for warding of
the stress. Classical music is the kind of a genre which has soothing powers, but if your
preference leans towards some other kind of genre like hip-hop, country, there is no harm
putting on what you like.
4. Go for a walk – Physical activity can significantly reduce stress levels. The reason one should
walk outdoors combines two positive things- promoting tranquility and balances mood. Walking
in general also helps in reducing tension.
5. Keep a Journal – Writing your feeling down on a paper allows us to acknowledge the core cause
of the matter. Sometimes we are not able to pinpoint the cause, journal helps in digging deeper
and finding where our stress has started from and escalated to.
6. Aromatherapy – Different scents describes different moods. The next time when you are feeling
worried, just drop an essential oil n your temples. This will help you reduce stress and anxiety.
7. Positive thoughts – Stress can drag us down a dark tunnel where we start feeling helpless and
negative. Try flipping the switch before you get too deep by making an active effort to think
8. Laugh out Loud – A good belly laugh can help you lighten the mood mentally. It helps in lowing
cholesterol levels, distress you, and boost brain chemicals.
9. Be Grateful – Keep a separate gratitude journal as it will help you remember all the things that
are good in your life. Use this journal to savor good experiences like a child’s smile, a sunshine-
10. Drink tea – Stress is usually a spin-off of too much work. Rather than reach for that cup of coffee
though try sipping on green tea instead.