Total body exercises sounds like they would take a long time. But when you boil down the routine needed to cover every area, there are only three things to consider i.e. a push, a pull, and a squat for your muscles to grow. This is the minimal requirement, but works wonders for beginners or for people who are short on time.
The 5 Best Full Body Exercises
Turkish Get-Up –
- To complete a Turkish Get – Up you need to lie on one side, with a dumbbell in one hand. The dumbbell should be held out at arm’s length.
- From the previous position, you need to simply stand, while keeping the dumbbell overhead at an arm’s length.
- This means you only have one arm and two legs to help you both stand and push the weight of that dumbbell up as you stand.
Repeat 3 to 4 sets 5 to 10 get- ups per side.
Swing Squats –
- Hold a dumbbell down by your feet, one outstretched arm
- Drop into a squat position with your butt pushed behind you, keeping the back straight, and the heels firm.
- Now, stand about halfway up as you begin to swing the dumbbell up, quickly reverse direction and drop down into a full squat position again, then powerfully stand as you swing the dumbbell overhead.
- Medicine Ball Slams – This is a stress-relieving exercise.
- For this exercise you simply get a medicine ball raise it overhead, and then swing your arms down as you release the ball and slam it into the ground as hard as possible.
- From a standing position, squat down,
- Then put your hands on the ground, kick your legs out behind you, do a push-up then kick the legs back up into a squat position, stand and jump as you swing your arms overhead.
Most burpee workouts involve doing a series of 10, 15, or 20 burpees as part of full body weight training.
Deadlift to Overhead Press –
- You pick a heavy object off the ground and lift it overhead.
- The object can be a dumbbell, barbell, kettlebell, medicine ball, or sandbag.
- When you pick the object off the ground, which is called a deadlift, you’ll need to have good form: looking forward with your knees bent, butt out, and back straight.
- Next stand, hoist the weight overhead – using your hip and leg muscles to assist your upper body with driving the weight up.
These exercises contain everting you need to grow your muscles and put on size fast and you we will able to wrap the entire routine within 45 minutes.