There is no need to specifically identify and state the goodness of green tea. Health benefits of green tea have been accepted globally in a very short span of time.
In this article we will discuss about detailed nutritional benefit of green tea.
What is Green Tea?
Green Tea is made from Camellia Sinensis leaves, which undergo the process of oxidation and withering. There are varieties of green tea, and all differ based on their growing condition, production process, and the time of harvest.
Why one should consume Green Tea?
Green Tea has bioactive components and it improves numerous aspects of your health. EGCG is one of the most powerful components of green tea; this component treats several diseases and prevents several more.
Detailed Nutritional Benefit of Green Tea
Unsweetened Brewed Green Tea has 0 Calories. It is simply great for someone who doesn’t want to consume calories and still feel energized.
Advantages of Green Tea include –
1. Reduces Cancer Risk – Green Tea contains polyphenols which has anti-cancerous properties. And the most promising of these are EGCG which fights free radicals and protects the cells from DNA damage.
2. Develops a Healthy Heart – Green tea lowers bad cholesterol levels that indirectly affects heart. Green tea also has antioxidants which protects the heart from reactive oxygen species and prevent heart attacks.
3. Regulates Blood Pressure – Long term intake of green tea associates with improved blood pressure levels. Research studies suggest that 3 to 4 cups of tea helps in regulating blood pressure. Lowered Blood pressure in turn helps in reduction in coronary heart disease risk by 5% and stroke by 8%.
4. Lowers the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Green tea helps in sensitize cells that help in metabolize sugar better. It has polyphenols that regulates glucose levels in body, cutting down the risk of diabetes.
5. Promotes Weight loss – EGCG in Green tea boosts metabolism, eventually benefiting weight loss. The tea helps mobilize fat from fat cells. The active compounds in green tea boost the effects of certain fat burning hormones.
Other benefits of green tea are –
Helps relives arthritis
Improve Brain health
Prevents tooth decay
Helps in aiding depression
Treats down syndrome
Helps in improving skin health
Green tea works wonders for health. You do not have to believe factual data but try it yourself.